Oak Hill goat videos

Loading...

Monday, November 8, 2010

Surviving Rhododendron poisoning

Last year the goats escaped and got into the rhododendrons. While the entire herd munched leaves and buds, only 2 got sick. They were vomiting green frothy foam and could not keep down any sort of food, or water. Both goats survived the experience, and were normal within 48 hours. I handled the poisoning by syringing a mixture of Dynamite Miracle Clay (montmorillonite clay), activated charcoal, Dynamite DynaPro (pre and probiotic) and Waiora Natural Cellular Defense (zeolite mineral). I gave only a couple CCs at a time, every 15-30 minutes, then less often as the symptoms improved. I also gave homeopathic Nux Vomica.
As we still have rhododendrons on the property, I keep all these items on hand in my first aid kit just in case. You can find homeopathic remedies at your local health food store or online at Washington Homeopathics.
Here are a couple reference links I found useful. There are several remedies mentioned in the case study. The names are abbreviated. These would be useful to keep on hand in an emergency kit.

http://www.rhodyman.net/rhodytox.html

No comments:

Post a Comment